Consider These Things while Selling your Home in Oklahoma City
Selling homes is not an easy job. If you are a homeowner in Oklahoma City, you need to comply with local laws and rules too. Usually, people opt for real estate agent because they are not aware of such things. Real estate agents may charge anywhere between 3 percent to 7 and a half percent of the sale proceeds. However, you could save this money by opting for the FSBO or For Sale By Owner route.
Obviously, you need to know the basics of selling your home, especially if you are selling yours from a place outside the city. It is certainly not as difficult as the realtor would like you to believe. You will even believe that the quotation you receive will be less than the actual price your property can command if it is sold by the real estate agent. While this may be true at times, it is not true all the time.
Here are a few simple steps you need to take if you intend to avoid real estate agent.
1. Fix the sale price duly considering costs of any repairs you might have to undertake, taxes, and other monetary implications;
2. Study the conveyance documents and other papers. If you do not have access to any such document, you might want to join any FSBO association. This association would do many things for you apart from giving you access to services of a lawyer, and other contract formats.
3. You might want to get your house inspected beforehand so that you undertake unavoidable repairs. This would prevent the prospective buyer from beating down the price.
4. You might want to do a touch-up job before putting up that yard sign. A neat and tidy looking house impresses the prospective buyer and helps in concluding the deal faster;
5. You should essentially advertise in some of the websites that are focused on Oklahoma properties, such as trinitypropertiesok.com.
While FSBO is a bit complex way of selling your home, you can find a buyer more easily because any buyers looking for a home for sale in Oklahoma would prefer to get some concessions, which he or she may feel are possible because you do not have to pay that commission.
Effectively, they search for home sale by owner Oklahoma City to get a home at the slightly cheaper rate. Such deals are also concluded faster.